Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Crochet Sushi




I thought long and hard about what to make for my Secret Santa gift exchange at work. I wanted to give something thoughtful and creative. I decided for one of the days of giving to make a gift for my Secret Santa at work who is a huge sushi fan. I thought to crochet some sushi, but went a step further and made them into Christmas ornaments. I made 4 types of sushi ornaments (regular sushi roll, egg sushi, salmon sushi, and shrimp sushi) along with a fortune cookie ornament to top it off. The fortune cookie has a piece of paper folded up and tucked inside with a quote from the recipients favorite author. Since my daughter is in her 2nd  year of mandarin Chinese, she wrote everything out in Chinese for me to make it extra fun. I placed all of the ornaments into a Chinese take out box that was Christmas themed. I also made up a receipt to look like a Chinese take out receipt with a listing of each type of sushi (in English and Chinese also) so the recipient would know each type, along with a pair of chopsticks. I cant wait to give it to her tomorrow!

1 comment:

Adorned From Above said...

Kristi,
These are so cute. How fun. I would love it if you would share this post at my Adorned From Above Blog Hop. Here is the link to the party.
http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/7-recipes-and-wednesdays-adorned-from.html
Debi @ Adorned From Above
Joye and Myrna @ The Busy Bee's
Linda @ With A Blast